What are the specifications of a suitable oven?
The oven is an important part of the kitchen, especially as it is an element that many recipes are not cooked without, and this requires choosing the appropriate types of it, with the required specifications, by focusing on its width, ranging between 69-76 centimeters, in addition to its internal space, how to control its operation and switching it off and some accessories Optional.
But maintaining the oven as long as possible, requires attention to its cleanliness periodically, using the simplest materials and tools, although some ovens have a self-cleaning feature, which takes two hours to complete, and requires vigilance throughout the time and presence inside the house, Waiting until the dirt turns to white ash, which is removed after the oven cools, knowing that this method requires manual cleaning of the shelves, and this article will discuss how to clean the oven.
How to clean the oven
With regard to the method of cleaning the oven, the number of times it is cleaned depends on the number of times it is used, but it is preferable to clean it well once every 3 months when using it repeatedly, as for the rare use it requires cleaning it every 6 months, so keeping it clean contributes to making the oven last longer.
The oven is as follows: Cleaning the oven box from the inside requires a method of cleaning the oven from the inside, three quarters of baking soda and a quarter cup of warm water, in addition to rubber gloves, a damp cloth, a plastic scraper, some newspaper, white vinegar, and an empty spray bottle.
- Remove oven shelves and contents from the inside.
- Newspaper sheets are placed on the floor around the base of the oven.
- Put on rubber gloves and spread the paste from inside the oven only.
- Leave the oven overnight or for at least 12 hours.
- A plastic scraper is used to get rid of hard-to-reach places.
- Put a small amount of vinegar into an empty spray bottle.
- Sprinkle vinegar where baking soda residue is.
- Wipe clean with a damp towel to remove all remaining frothy baking soda and vinegar. Repeat the previous steps until the oven is completely clean.
- Cleaning oven shelves The method of cleaning the oven involves caring for the cleanliness of its shelves, as dishwasher cleaning soap and a cleaning sponge are used for this.
Fill the dishwasher with warm water and dishwasher cleaning soap. Soak the shelves in the sink, and leave for at least 2 hours or overnight. Scrub with a cleaning sponge, rinse and dry.
The method of cleaning the oven requires attention to all its parts, such as the glass door, where the individual needs three-quarters of a cup of baking soda – which is known as sodium bicarbonate – as well as a quarter cup of warm water, in addition to a wet cloth or a damp towel – especially for dishes – as well as a special dry towel for dishes.
- Mix baking soda with warm water until they form a paste.
- Put the paste on the oven glass, and leave it for at least 20 minutes.
- The paste is removed with a damp cloth and dried later with a dry towel.
Cleaning oven handles
Cleaning oven handles requires the use of dish soap and a damp towel, especially for dishes, with the need to avoid spraying the handles directly with any cleaning liquid, so as not to affect the control panel of the electric oven or some other types of ovens.
Rub a small amount of dish soap. On the damp towel.
Wipe the handles with the towel. Rinse the towel well with water. Repeat the previous two steps until all the soap residue is removed.
Oven cleaning tips Why does the oven sometimes smell bad?
The importance of cleaning the oven is reflected in its general appearance, as it is related to its smell, especially when it is lit, as some unpleasant odors may be emitted as a result of some stuck dirt, in addition to the emission of smoke resulting from the accumulation of dirt and food residues, and the cleanliness of the oven must be taken care of, to improve the quality of the food being cooked With it, and among the important tips for cleaning the oven, the following is mentioned:
- Use the self-cleaning feature with a fillet, as it is a way to clean ovens by raising their temperature, ranging between 177-260 degrees Celsius, which leads to melting some of its parts such as the control panels or the surrounding frame By the door.
- Ditch the chemicals that emit strong fumes, and replace them with vinegar and baking soda.
- Use the kitchen sinks to soak the oven shelves for a sufficient time, as they are a part that exposes a lot of dirt, and they must be kept clean.
- Using natural cleansers without chemicals is a good option to get rid of grease on the doors.